■ OS Environment : Linux[RHEL, Centos]
■ Application: vncserver, vncviewer
■ Implementation Steps :
2. On client-linux(who will access the remote desktop of the server ) : yum install vncviewer
3. On server, execute following command :
Set password to access over vnc.
4. Edit /etc/sysconfig/vncservers
5. Enable at boot level :
$ chkconfig vncserver on
6. Start VNC server :
$ service vncserver start
7. If firewall present, allow port 5901.
9. Edit /root/.vnc/xstartup and comment following lines :
10. On client :
Execute command :
Enter IP of the server and password of the server. Now remote desktop will appear. OR you can access the rdesktop like :
Access from windows client :
To access the server from windows machine please install vncviewer on it and execute the binary. Then put IP of the server and password. that's it.